Sunday, February 14, 2010

Welcome to my Blog!

While I'm sure nobody will read this, I figured it would be fun to at least have a place to talk non-stop about the wonderful wedding I am determined to make a reality.

My name is Becky, and my fiance's name is Alex. A little background info on us: We've been best friends for over 7 years now, and started dating about three and a half years ago. I moved to St. Louis, Missouri from southern California to be with him in January of '07, and by March of '07 we were surprised to learn we were expecting a baby. Three years later, our son is a normal, healthy two-year-old boy who loves to learn and figure things out.

While I would not trade any part of my life for anything else in the world, having a baby unexpectedly has delayed some areas of our lives. Alex and I both currently work at Best Buy fulltime to make ends meet. It's no five-star dream job, but it pays the bills and there are many great people we've met who have enriched our lives.

Among the many things we've pushed back in our lives, getting married was probably the biggest. We haven't honestly had too much extra money for such things. We have nothing against courthouse marriages, but we've both agreed if we were going to do it, it was going to be done in a traditional manner.

In Christmas of 2009, Alex officially proposed to me and I couldn't be more excited! We agreed that April 2011 would be a good time to have it (there is a long story behind this whole part, but I will explain it in another topic). Along with planning for a nice wedding all of 2010 and part of 2011, I have also decided to take up the art of potty training my son, moving into a bigger place, AND going back to school fulltime to become a nurse.

Crazy you say? Beyond a less-than-wealthy's family budget?

Perhaps.

This blog will be dedicated to my trials and tribulations in the next 14 months of planning a picture-perfect wedding (among every other aspect of our hectic life) to finally unite us as a family and officially become Mr. and Mrs. (and Child) Thurmer =)

No comments:

Post a Comment