Sunday, February 14, 2010

Theme and Ideas


Okie dokie, so to start off, our colors for the wedding are a soft, rose petal pink and a deep, dark espresso brown. The colors chosen from Davids Bridal are Rose Petal and Truffle(shown above).

Originally, I had wanted some kind of purple at my wedding as it is my absolute FAVORITE color. I told Alex to pick a color to compliment it and he chose....... can you guess???

Turquoise.

TURQUOISE?? How is that a complementary color to purple? He told me "But, there are so many different shades of purple, it could work." To which MY response was "There's only ONE turquoise!!"

Now don't get me wrong: I do enjoy the off-shade of blue. However, our personalities are not those of the loud clash a purple/turquoise extravaganza would ultimately create. So, knowing my fiance is a total sucker for other cultures, ESPECIALLY Asian cultures, I came up with a compromise that we both fell in love with after the idea escaped my lips.

Cherry. Blossoms.

What could be more romantic than a traditional Japanese atmosphere with soft pinks and dark shades of brown?? It completely defines us and there is a HUGE abundance of the blossom-themed wedding accessories, such as the ceremony necessities pictured above!

Anyway, this is my second blog for the day soooooo I'm going to relax and enjoy the last few hours of Valentine's day now that my son is in bed!

Until tomorrow......!

No comments:

Post a Comment